John is author of Conceptual Chemistry as well as a coauthor of Conceptual Physical Science (with Paul and Leslie), and coauthor of Conceptual Integrated Science (with Paul, Suzanne, and Jennifer). John obtained his Ph.D. in organic chemistry from Virginia Commonwealth University, which was followed by a two year postdoctorate in pharmacology at the Medial College of Virginia. He taught chemistry at the University of Hawaii at Manoa and then at Leeward Community College where he received tenure and was highly active in the development of distance learning programs and student-centered learning curricula. In addition to authoring textbooks, John is currently an adjunct professor at Saint Michael’s College in Colchester, Vermont. Through his company, Conceptual Productions, John is the executive producer of Conceptual Academy as well as the author and illustrator of science-oriented children’s books (Styraki.com). He was a finalist in the 2013 Flame Challenge for this video lesson explaining what is the nature of time. An avid songwriter he also produces music, which can be found through JohnAndrew.net.
Chapter 4: Energy Resources
Table of Videos
- Contextual Chemistry Alive!
- Chapter 1: What's Up with the Air?
- Chapter 2: A Blown Zone in the Ozone
- Chapter 3: Global Climate Change
- Chapter 4: Energy Resources
- Chapter 5: The Chemistry of Water
- Chapter 6: Acid Rain, Basic Oceans
- Chapter 7: Nuclear Energy
- Chapter 8: Transferring Electrons
- Chapter 9: Polymers and Plastics
- Chapter 10: Medicinal Chemistry
- Chapter 11: Nutrients of Life
- Chapter 12: Molecular Genetics